January 11, 2023
One of the most common questions we hear from homeowners is whether or not heavily-scuffed hardwood floors can be resurfaced. When deciding on whether your floors will need to be replaced, stained, or resurfaced, it always helps to consult with a professional before making any firm decisions. Many homeowners are quick to replace their floors when a resurfacing and staining is adequate. Just as many are concerned about the price of replacement, and end up having them resurfaced only to realize that the results aren’t what they were expecting.
At Monroe Floor Resurfacing in Rochester, we understand that making the decision to stain, replace, or refinish your hardwood floors comes with no shortage of questions. Here are some things to keep in mind as you go about the process, and how our team of experts can help you choose the options that’s best for your home and budget:
- Many hardwood floors with light scuffing can typically by resurfaced
- Older hardwood floors with deep gouges often need to be replaced
- Hardwood floor staining is best left for newer floors with minimal damage
- A professional floor assessment is the best way to learn what your floors need
- We utilize an advanced process to inspect the integrity of many floor types
- Our team reviews all of the options with you to help in making the right decision
If you’re in the Rochester area and dealing with hardwood floors that are older, damaged, fading, or scratched, we encourage you to get in touch with a member of the Monroe Floor Resurfacing staff. We can inspect pictures of your floors, or set up a time to inspect them at your location. Either way, you’ll have the assurance of being treated honestly and given a wide range of options on how to once again enjoy their stunning appearance.
Monroe Floor Resurfacing is located at 77 Commerce Dr., Suite 10 in Rochester, NY and is happy to answer any questions you may have. We can be reached by phone at 585-953-6926 during regular office hours, or via email 24/7 by visiting our website’s contact page.